11/16/2007

GM Style Dubai Event November 11th 2007 Dubai UAE


GM Style Dubai Event November 11th 2007 Dubai UAE

I just had the pleasure of being the Master Of Ceremonies for the most amazing event in Dubai UAE. The GM Style Event put on by General Motors and Vivacious was one of the most awesome experiences in my life. They truly know how to take care of the talent that they bring on for their projects.
Flying over to Dubai and back on Emirates Airlines in their first class service made some of the other airlines first class service look slightly pathetic.
The moment I stepped off the plane in Dubai I had a team of people assisting me through customs and anything else my little heart desired.
My driver that took me to my hotel even gave me a beginner’s crash course on the language used in Dubai, and I actually remember some of it!
My Middle Eastern themed hotel room was located on the VIP floor and the staff were at my beck and call 24-7 with prompt and courteous service, and what a gorgeous hotel it was.
My first afternoon there was spent rehearsing for the big event taking place the next day then I was fortunate enough to have a couple hours to walk around the local market full of goodies and Dubai souvenirs. After traveling to other parts of the world I must say that the people in Dubai are some of the most gracious and kind people in existence. That evening I also got to enjoy dinner with a fellow American “Jody Devere” from the Ask Patty Web Site and participated in a little girl talk.
The morning of the big event I continued to enjoy by having a tantalizing breakfast of local food and actually got to put in 3 miles of running.
After our afternoon final rehearsal it was then time for hair and makeup which was provided by L’Oreal and Mac and they did such an unbelievable job!

Being the Master Of Ceremonies of such a glamorous event was a pleasure and one of the most invigorating experiences of my life to say the least and I hope I get invited back….wow, could I be so lucky?

After the event I was so honored to be invited to sit down with a table full of mysterious men, calling table number 10!

Meeting all of the wonderful people from General Motors Dubai, Vivacious “their creative company” and everyone else assisting on the project were some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life.